- 1) Start with 3/4 cup liquid sourdough starter.
- 2) Blend in 1/4 cup of Olive oil and add 1 cup of flour.
- 3) Mix well.
-        ( A nice combo is 1/2 cup of rye and 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.)
-        ( I have also used 1 cup of teff flour, You may need to add some water.)
- 4) Next take 1/4 to 1/3 cup of seeds and briefly grind them in a blender
-        ( Seeds can be flax, sesame, caraway, poppy or a combo of any three).
-        ( I like sesame and flax, more sesame than flax.)
- 5) Mix the blended seed into the flour.
- 6) Add 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 7) Cover with Saran wrap and let sit for one hour on counter.
- 8) Divide dough in half,
- 9) Roll dough out on parchment paper until about 1/8 of an inch thick.
-        (It is sometimes easier to put saran wrap on top of the dough when rolling)
- 10) Use a fork and prick dough and sprinkle lightly with salt
-        (I use very little salt here.)
- 11) Cut with a pastry cutter or ravioli cutter.
- 12) Preheat oven to 425F for about 45 minutes with pizza stone in the oven
- 13) Put parchment paper on cookie sheet and bake on pizza stone at 425F for about 8 to 10 minutes.
-        You want them lightly browned and crispy.
- 14) Baked crackers can be stored in covered container or frozen.
Note: Dough can be frozen for several weeks and then thawed out in fridge overnight before baking.
I have even kept dough in fridge for 2 days before baking.