No Knead Bread
- 4 cups of flour (whatever you want but half should be white flour)
- 2 cups of water
- 3/4 cup of sourdough starter (barm)
- Combine all of the above.
- Stir and let sit overnight (10-12 hours)
- Next morning add about one teaspoon of salt and stir with wooden spoon.
- Prepare counter top by spreading flour on it, then put entire mixture on counter top.
- Using a scraper lift and turn dough until you can get a round ball.
- Place ball of dough on a flour cloth ( I use rice flour as it works like telfon.)
- Cover dough totally with this cloth and let sit for 2 hours.
- After dough has been sitting for one hour
-- start heating the cast iron pot & lid in 450 degree oven for the remaining hour.
- Now after the two hours of sitting, put dough in heated pot, slash dough, cover and bake for 40 minutes at 450.
- Remove cover and bake an additional 10 minutes. (This may vary with your oven, you want a crisp crust.)
- Remove from pot and let cool.
Put here 1/28/16